Monday, May 28, 2007

Wow almost two years with no postings!!!

Hello and thanks for all the comments and e-mails!

It has beem almost two years since our last post. Mark had just graduated from the Sharp Intensive Rehab Clinic and home was, well home again.

 

To my surprised today when Mark wanted to start working with the Alt.usage web site, we found a link to our own journal!

Oy! what a trip down memory lane for me. For Mark it was good as he said it help him see himself before he had more control of his body.

It was hard to read about how he could not even move a leg or how he was not able to follow me with his eyes.

Right now after celebrating his third year since the accident, Mark is still home with us, still going every day to a wonderful  rehab gym call Challenge Center, in La Mesa here in the San Diego area.

Last post we told you Mark was eating out for the first time, since then we have enjoyed many, many outings, overcome the fact that he could not drink thin liquids (which he can now), he slowly but steady is regaining his magnificent voice, and is actively getting Gait training.

That's right folks, the guy who three years ago was recomendent for disconecting of life support systems, is now relearning to walk, argues with me constantly (and corrects my spelling) and tells me all the right stuff to keep me going!

For all those who are new to brain injuries, don't give up.... It's a long road, a hard road, and I would take it again for him in a heart beat.

I LOVE YOU MARK, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK......

 

No comments: