Tuesday, July 6, 2004

Mark held his head up longer today

Since our stay at Kindred Hospital and thanks to Allan our physical therapies, I have been working with Mark's neck to control the dystonia to the left side and to help him move it and now to hold it up!

In our room at Villa Las Palmas it happened again today, he seem very interested in Vidia's lipsinging performance of The Queen's aria from the magic flute.

I was holding his head and was feeling his effort to hold it in place, until he did it several times for longer periods of almost half a minute. In all he keep doing it for about 7 minutes.

Before this we had our usual session of massage to the neck and shoulders, which I believe is basic for him to gain flexibility.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From Janice:

Rosie,

Thanks for putting this together.  I was able to go to some of the links, learn about the Rancho Los Amigos Scale, Social Security, Conservatorship, etc.  So, THANKS, it answered many of my questions.